Best NFL Betting Sites in Colorado
Colorado opened its doors to online sports betting on May 1, 2020. Since then, the online market is flooded with numerous sportsbooks ready to offer their services. One of the biggest challenges being faced, especially by new players, is finding the best NFL Colorado sports betting sites.
From my many years of experience both as a professional player and a gambler, I recommend that you read reviews of different bookies to decide for yourself the one that suits your needs. Some of the key areas you should focus on when deciding whether or not to choose a certain betting site in Colorado include:
- Is the sportsbook legal and licensed?
You need to check the homepage to ensure that it has a seal of the licensing and regulating authority. It’s total proof that the services being rendered are legit and standardized.
- What bonuses can I claim?
A good sports betting site is one that has generous bonuses. Additionally, the bonuses should be easy to use and with friendly terms and conditions to all. I strongly recommend a sportsbook with different bonus types like risk-free bet, deposit bonus, and cash back.
- Can I bet on a mobile device?
Mobile betting in Colorado has attracted many players. With mobile betting apps, you can enjoy all the features from wherever you are. My advice is that you choose a legal sports site that works on all Android and iOS mobile devices.
- What payment options are supported?
The safety of your money and financial information is very vital. You need a site that has multiple safe and hassle-free payment options. Some of the widely used banking options include credit cards, e-checks, MasterCard, and others.
You need to consider the betting limits of the sportsbook to ensure that it doesn’t interfere with your budget. My suggestion is that you choose bookies with low bet limits, especially if you are new to NFL betting.
- Is the customer support available 24/7?
In my opinion, you need to play at a betting site that offers 24/7 customer support through different communication channels like email, live chat, and telephone.
How Does NFL Betting Work in Colorado?
One of the reasons why the National Football League attracts many players is because it is simple and straightforward. Basically, it involves placing real money bets on different outcomes, like full-time/halftime, odd/eve, handicap, totals, and others.
However, the odds for all the different types of bets can be confusing at first, but you have nothing to worry about. I have explained the basics of how to place bets and how to read odds at any legal sports betting site in this section.
How to Register and Bet on NFL in Colorado
Creating a new account is very easy if you are living in the state of Colorado. I recommend that you check out my list of best legal sports betting sites to get the one with the biggest welcome bonus offer at COPunter.
Other than comparing bonuses, my in-depth reviews will help you to know the betting options, available sports, and any other valuable information.
How the NFL Betting Odds Work
In NFL betting, you are simply betting on which team will win or lose. What might confuse you are the different numbers with the plus and minus signs. If you are new, I have provided some vital points to always remember:
- A standard betting site has a table with all types of wagers that you can place.
- The table features two lines of information represented by each team.
- The numbers underneath each category will have negative and positive signs.
- The minus sign stands for the favorite team, and the plus sign indicates that the team is an underdog.
How to Place NFL Bets
One of the appealing things about NFL betting is that you have the option to choose either simple bets or advanced bets. As such, new players can place bets and start winning incredible prizes. I have given a brief explanation about the different types of NFL bets you can find in Colorado sports bookies.
Moneyline bets are some of the easiest NFL bets, making it the best option for newbies. All you have to do is pick the team you think is going to win the match at fulltime. In case the team that you picked win, you also win. Otherwise, you lose. Nonetheless, it becomes a “Push” if there is a tie, and you are refunded your money.
Equally important, the one team in the NFL is considered a favorite and the other to be an underdog. Additionally, moneyline bets are represented in the form of American odds.
Point Spread Bet
Point Spread betting in NFL is where you select the favorite team to win by a certain margin or the underdog to lose by less than a certain margin.
For example, a 3.5 point spread means that the favorite team must win by 4 or more goals to win the bet. In this case, the underdog might lose by 3 or less. Remember, point spread bets are used by sports betting sites to make both sides of the wager appealing to punters.
Totals and Over/Under Bet
Unlike in NFL point spread bet, you can bet on the total points that are scored in a match and whether or not it will be more or less than the line offered by the bookie. I have illustrated below to help you understand how the totals bets work:
- A sportsbook is offering totals bet at 45.7 for a game you are interested in.
This implies that you must choose whether the combined total points scored for both teams will be over or under 45.7. If you think that the total will 46 and more, you should choose Over bet. But if you think that it will be 45 or less, then you should choose the Under bet. In the same way, total bets may also be offered in the first quarter of the game.
Prop bets work more or less like the Proposition wager. Normally, betting sites propose side bets to wager on, which could be for the short or long term. These bets are fun to play and are quickly spreading in the state of Colorado. If you want to experience how the prop bets work, then you can do so on Super Bowl games at our selected top Colorado sports betting sites.
My advice is that you read through all available options and compare how the odds are prepared before you start playing prop bets.
In NFL, parlay bets combine two or more results in a single ticket. Note that you must get all the bets correct to win. The incredible thing about NFL parlay bet is that the payouts are greater. The higher the number of parlay bets, the greater the opportunity of winning.
Futures bets are a version of prop bets, where you bet on the outcome of a later date. You can place bets on teams, tournaments, or single players. You need to understand that future bets demand patience, but the rewards are worth the wait.
One of the key elements to consider if you want long term benefits from futures bets is the health of the player or the ability of the team in the season.
A teaser bet allows you to shift a line in your parlay bet to give yourself a bigger margin. Note that teasers are available on parlay alone. Teaser bets are great, but you really need to understand how they work first.
Round Robin Betting
Round Robin is a typical parlay bet, only that it involves three or more teams. Similarly, the Round Robbin bet lets you breakdown the combined teams into unique single tickets.
Ideally, you cut the risk as you can win without getting the outcome correct. What I dislike about it is that the maximum potential payout is lowered.
Buying points on NFL works like teaser bets. The idea is to shift the point spread in your favor. You need to understand that buying points are only possible in the fractional point spread.
NFL Live Betting
All sports betting sites are not designed to place bets before the match starts. NFL live betting allows you to place in-game while the game is in progress. It’s very thrilling to join a game and make dynamic bets as the match unfolds.
The betting lines will adjust based on what is happening in the field as the game identity develops. This explains why you need to pay attention to the match if you want to make a successful live betting.
As you may be aware, online sportsbooks offer different forms of in-play bets. I suggest you to read all the reviews I have done so that you can get comprehensive information on them.
Besides, I have added a few factors that you should consider before delving into NFL in-play betting. They include:
- The amount of time left in the game.
- How much the line shifted on a particular bet.
- Has any team started with a surprise score?
- Has any player been injured?
- Are the coaches’ strategies different from what you anticipated?
Once you evaluate all these, you will be able to decide better if in-play betting.
Colorado NFL Betting Bonuses
The dream to have online legal sports betting in Colorado has finally come true, and many sportsbook operators from around the world cant keep calm. The stiff competition by the bookies has forced them to use different incentives to help them stand out from others. I suggest that you read all the terms and conditions attached to any NFL bonuses before you claim them.
However, you must have at least 21 years to be allowed to bet in Colorado. The different types of NFL betting bonuses that you can claim at any reputable sportsbook are as follows.
Free bet bonus
As the name suggests, a free bet bonus is an offer you get from a sportsbook to place a wager without paying the stake. In many cases, an operator will reward free bets to new players to help them to familiarize themselves with the site as well as a boost to kick off their gambling career. And this is an amazing opportunity for NFL punters.
The risk-free bet is the most common wager you will come across many football betting sites. In NFL betting, you must take the risk to either win or lose your money. The main reason we have a risk-free bet is to refund the amount you may lose on the first bet.
A good example is a FanDuel Sportsbook that rewards you $500 risk-free to new customers upon making the first deposit. In case your bet is bigger than $500, the maximum refund would be $500.
A cashback bonus works more or less like the insurance bonuses, whereby both offer returns in case of losses. However, a cashback bonus goes a mile further and deals with bets within a certain timeframe only. There are some factors around this bonus that you should understand.
First of all, the offer is only valid for a certain fixed amount. Another thing is that the cashback bonus comes in the form of bonus dollars or free bets. This implies that you must bet with the money to change them into regular cash money.
NFL deposit bonus is widely offered by numerous online betting sites in the state of Colorado. To claim this offer, you must make a minimum deposit of the required amount first. Depending on the online sportsbook, your deposit bonus might be matched as high as 100%, or it can go down to 25%.
However, you need to understand that every deposit bonus has a cap on the bonus money that can be secured from them. Anything existing after the cap doesn’t benefit you in any way.
No deposit bonus
Many players go after the no deposit bonus for many reasons. A no deposit bonus is the free money a sports betting site gives you when you join. It gives you the chance to place a few wagers before you start using your own money. Normally, you must wager the bonus to make it eligible for cashing out.
Note that you may be required to activate the no deposit bonus using a special promo code. I highly recommend the no deposit bonus, especially if you are new to the sportsbook, as you don’t have to risk any money.
The enhanced odds are very common in Colorado NFL betting sites. It’s normally included as a special feature on many sportsbooks. By choosing to get bonus, you win extra cash money without any additional risk. Many Colorado NFL sports betting sites will have different bets and markets for enhanced odds every day.
If you are looking for a simple and exciting parlay boost, then you should check out the parlay boost. This bonus is rewarded in percentage form and comes in handy, compared to the parlay bets. It is important to understand that the size of the parlay boost depends on the legs you have selected. The standard parlay boosts range between 10% and 30%, but some operators reward up to a 40% boost.
There are many Colorado online sports betting sites that reward profit boost in the course of the week. The reason they reward this bonus is to boost your winnings by a certain percentage.
I have stated that the size of the profit boost may not be the same on all sportsbooks. One betting market may offer a 10% profit boost, while another one may reward you with a 20% boost.
Occurrence bonus offers the best fan way to boost their bankroll. If you choose to claim this bonus, you receive a payout each time an event occurs in the match. Depending on the sportsbook that you are using, you may receive $1 whenever there is a touchdown, goal, or homemade.
How to Rate if an NFL Betting Bonus is Worthwhile
Every online sport betting bonus has a small print attached below it. Taking your time to read through the terms and conditions will help you to know whether the bonus is of any benefit to you. Here, I have some of the points to help you decide whether or not to claim a bonus:
- Bonus Size: Everyone is chasing after big and free bets. You need to check out the size of the bonus and whether it can be split into multiple bets.
- Playthrough Requirements: Many sportsbook bonuses have wagering requirements that you need to fulfill before you are allowed to cash out winnings. You need to go through the terms of each offer to gauge the fairness of the wagering requirements. The secret is to choose bonuses with low or non-existent rollover requirements.
- Minimum Odds: Some NFL betting sites have free bets with restrictions on the minimum odds that they can spend on. My advice is that you look for sportsbooks that allow you to use free bets on both low and high odds. A typical Colorado sportsbook will have qualifying odds of 1.5 or bigger.
- Time Limit: When you claim any NFL bonus, you should understand that it should be used within the specified timeframe. Of course, this will vary from one bonus to another, as well as from one sportsbook to another. In my opinion, you should check out for bonuses with longer expiry dates, like 15 days or more.
How to Claim NFL Bonuses
NFL sports betting bonuses are easy to claim. As a matter of fact, you can simply claim one type by signing up on a legal sports betting site. Of course, the criteria for claiming the bonuses will be slightly different between bookmakers. Here are simple steps to follow when claiming the bonuses:
- Sign-Up: Create an account at the selected betting site. You should be ready to provide your personal details such as name, phone number, email, address, as well as banking information.
- Pick a Bonus: Look out for the NFL bonus that is best for you and proceed to your selected betting site. If you don’t have a sportsbook in mind, you can find the best Colorado betting site from COPunter.com. Ensure that you read and understand the terms and conditions of the bonuses before you claim.
- Deposit Money: Depending on the betting site that you choose, you may be required to deposit some money to activate the offer. The amount to be deposited will vary from site to site. I suggest that you choose sportsbooks with low bet limits to boost possible payouts.
- Enter Promo Code: Not all betting sites request promo codes when claiming bonuses. In case you are requested to enter a promo code, it is available on the betting site, or you can get it by contacting the support team.
- Claim and Enjoy: Once you have met all the established terms and conditions, you may go ahead and claim the selected bonus. Always remember to use it within the required time.
Mobile NFL Betting
If you are searching for betting on your favorite teams on the go, then you can count on COPunter for the best advice. I have done thorough research to ensure that you get all the information you need to find good mobile apps.
The good thing about mobile NFL betting is that you get instant access to all features and products, such as betting options, bonuses, banking options, timely customer support, and much more. Depending on the bookie that you pick, you will be able to download apps on your Android and iOS powered smartphones and tablets.
Colorado NFL Betting Picks
Are you looking for the best Colorado NFL betting picks? Well, in my research, I have covered the date, NFL betting trends, team news, and much more to provide the best expert picks. They are as follows:
- NFL Pick Against the Spread Pick: Pick Against the Spread (ATS) is a popular bet where you place money on the team to win by a certain amount of point, or the opponent will keep the odds closer than the operator’s expectation. The good thing about this pick is that you can still win even if the selected bet loses outright.
- NFL Under/Over Pick: The totals wager is the best option if you have confidence that the selected team will win.
- NFL Futures and Playoff Pick: You can boost your bankroll by choosing the NFL futures bets or the playoff. The good thing is that NFL playoffs are higher, and the margins between competing teams are smaller.
- NFL Money Line Pick: In NFL money line pick, you simply wager on the winner or loser since no spread is involved.
Tips and Facts about NFL Betting
Becoming a consistent successful NFL bettor is not an easy task, especially if you are a beginner. This is because many sportsbooks are very keen when setting spreads and point totals. To make a profit, you need to develop a formula to determine value. Here are some of the tips that have I have prepared to make your NFL betting successful:
- Start by creating your NFL betting bankroll.
- Develop a habit of checking the NFL betting line early in the week.
- Do research on the NFL matchups to determine the ones with the best betting value.
- Learn how the ‘Sharps’ affect the NFL betting lines.
- Try your luck with Parlay bets on the NFL betting market.
- Never chase your losses when betting on NFL.
Online sports betting has taken the state of Colorado by storm, thanks to the recent passing of Proposition DD by the government. You can now place wagers on your favorite teams and win real money. What is exciting about the is that there are various bookies that offer good bonuses on NFL.
If you are looking for the best betting experience, you need to wager at a top-rated sportsbook. Count yourself lucky because Colorado has great betting sites with decent odds to boost your winning. You don’t have to worry because I have listed the best NFL bookies on this page. Just check what I prepared and start placing bets immediately. Good luck!
Is sport betting legal in CO?
Yes. Online sports betting has been legal in the state of Colorado since May 1, 2020, and is regulated by the Colorado Limited Gaming Control and Commission. The law allows players from Black Hawk, Central City, and Cripple Creek to bet on different NFL teams as well as other sports.
What does +4.5 mean in sports betting?
In online sports betting, +4.5 is a point spread bet. This figure is applied to a game where one team is favored by the many points and the underdog by a similar number of points.
Is betting legal in Colorado?
Yes. Betting on the is legal in Colorado. You must be at least 21 years old. Note that all sports betting proceeds are taxed at 10%.
Where can you legally bet on NFL games?
You can bet legally on NFL games at the FanDuel sportsbook. This betting site is fully licensed and offers great bonuses to players and promotions to their loyal customers. Additionally, the site has a liable customer support team working around the clock through email, live chat, and telephone.